how to get rid of a burn mark on a kitchen cabinet

by:Runcheng Chuangzhan     2019-10-01
Q: I have lived in my townhouse for 10 years, and in the last six months, a pantry in my kitchen has somehow been burned.
I don\'t know how it happened.
Is there a home therapy that can remove burn marks or something that I can use to reduce the severity of the burn?
Manassas A: The potential problem is that the end plate of the pantry is directly opposite to the range.
If the cabinet is higher than the range, you have a stove with a gas burner that needs to be put back from an adjacent combustible wall or cabinet.
Otherwise, the possibility of such damage or even fire is high, especially when the heat rises under a wide pot.
Your series model number cannot be identified from the picture you sent, but the brand Frigidaire is readable.
Frigidaire, in its installation proposal for the range with a gas burner, associates the width of the required gap with the output of the range.
A person who pumps out 17,000 or more BTUs needs to be at least 5 inch away from the walls or tall cabinets, while a person with 9,500 or less BTUs only needs 2 inch clearance.
If the output of your stove is between these two extremes, then 3 inch is the lowest.
What should I do now?
If your kitchen is arranged so you can simply get the stove out of the cabinet, be sure to start by doing so.
Otherwise, the best first step is to switch to a narrower stove, or remove the pantry and replace it with a stove with a countertop height.
Additional storage space, you can also add a new cabinet on the cabinet, as long as you leave a decree-inch-
High clearance between them and choose the upper cabinet not more than 13 inch deep.
It seems another option to cover the end of the cabinet with tiles, but that doesn\'t make the Cabinet even by 2-by-
The 4S and drywall are non-combustible as the Heat can still pass through.
According to the online recommendation of the American Association of Home Inspectors, there is no acceptable alternative to fill this gap.
Since you have been at home for 10 years and have no problems until recently, you may decide to keep your current settings --
At least until you decide to sell, an inspector who works for a potential buyer will dispute that.
However, you should definitely minimize the risk of fire by avoiding heating the wide pan on the burner closest to the cabinet.
Warn guests to do the same.
About that burning?
Burn marks can not be bleached;
You have to remove the burned fibers and then dye or polish the remaining wood so that the newly exposed fibers can match the surrounding surface.
As long as the burn is not too deep, solid wood is relatively easy to treat.
But the tailcap on the cabinet is usually only one miniature.
Thin wood skin, supported by a broken board or plywood.
If you go through the top floor, you can easily get something worse than it is now.
If you want to try a repair, start with a magic eraser and scrub in the direction of the wood grain.
If this is not enough, then continue the fine steel wool (No. 0000)
Or fine sandpaper (
No more than 220 of coarse sand).
If the burn marks are gone, or at least significantly reduced, and you have not yet crossed the top floor, you are lucky.
If the treated area is lighter than the surrounding Wood, Pat a little stain.
Let it dry and brush on the clear water --based finish.
Once the second coat is completely dry, gently polish it with fine steel wool to help with a uniform gloss. Another choice
Maybe not your first step if you go through the top floor, but a good backup
It is the 8 th piece that replaces the end plate, usually only one inch thick.
A shop selling kitchen cabinets should be able to order for you a cabinet that is roughly the same color as the wood and finish you have now.
At Home Depot, prices can range from $75 to $125 depending on the wood. (
The site only lists White and unfinished oak as an option, but you can order other styles through the kitchen designer. )
If you don\'t want to install the new terminal panel yourself, ask first before ordering if the store can install it.
This service is available through Home Depot.
Q: We built a custom, high
Home Ends on 2013.
Mysterious lint
Like the dust piled up on the floor and furniture in the two bedrooms downstairs --
But only these two rooms.
The dryer is in the outside vent on the other side of the house.
We called our builder who asked the company to install heating and air-
Air conditioning system.
The company did not find any problems.
But three years later, the problem remains.
The same HVAC company checked again and the builder cleared the pipeline last week.
But the dust in these two rooms is still very large.
I think the dust is probably insulated.
How can I test it and fix this?
Potomac A: Usually, the first step is not to entrust the test fiber when fine dust appears in the house.
Building inspectors or other professionals who understand the flow of air in a building can usually find problems by carefully checking the house, such as an indoor ventilated dryer.
But because you \'ve had your contractors and HVAC installers check, you can really learn something by analyzing the fibers.
William H is a person who does this, he has a deep background in building construction
Campion is a biochemist and industrial hygienist whose email is billcampion @ comcast. net.
He is recommended by Don Vannoy, owner of Vannoy & Associates (301-593-1003;
Vannoyassociates. com)
An engineering consulting company in Yinquan specializing in forensic investigation of construction problems
Serious cases that often lead to litigation.
Vannoy said his company called Campion to ask questions about dust, mold, soot and similar.
Often, he says, the first step is to figure out what dust particles are and whether they are harmful.
\"Then bill can know where it came from.
Once he finished his work, he worked out an agreement to deal with it.
Then we got bids from several contractors.
They remedy it.
Then we asked Bill to go out and sample again.
\"But homeowners can hire him directly and may save money,\" Vannoy said . \".
Contacted by email to Campion, he suggested sending him an envelope with \"small batches\" of fiber so he could have a look under the microscope.
His address is P. O.
MD 275-21777 boxes at Rock Point0275.
He can then arrange a visit to see the layout of the House and plumbing works.
\"My idea now is that if there is only two rooms in the House that have a fiber build up, then there must be some common way to transport the fiber to these two rooms, he wrote.
\"There may be a leak in the dryer vent in the ceiling space.
I saw the recently built house where the dryer exhaust pipe ran 20 or 30 feet in the basement (
Above the ceiling finish)
Sometimes they stuff the pipes into less appropriate space, causing distortion and limitations, and then return-flow issues.
He recalled a situation in which a small animal entered the exhaust pipe of the dryer and made a nest.
Not only does this trap the exhaust gas in the house, it can also cause a fire.
The fiber is unlikely to be insulated.
\"I have never seen fiberglass insulation coming into the room in large quantities from wall insulation, enough to become visible,\" Campion said . \".
\"Because the fiberglass is easy to identify, the micro exam will be able to quickly rule this out.
\"Be sure to discuss the price before proceeding.
Depending on the complexity of the problem, forensic investigations may cost thousands of dollars.
But if you are lucky, your situation will be easier to solve.
Custom message
Chat Online 编辑模式下无法使用
Chat Online inputting...